Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Little Announcement



I promise I'll do part 2 of The Abdication soon, but I did want to say that I've started a brand new blog, and its called:

Queen

Victoria

Revealed

I'm busy at work on it, and to be honest, there are many sites on the internet where you will find information on Queen Victoria and her family, but as of now, I've YET to find one exclusively devoted just to her. Since she reigned from 1837 to 1901 she deserves some more attention. So many people have written about her, but how many people really understand her? Since I have been studying her since 1988, and have read almost every biography available and countless diaries and letters and other information and I simply can't get the woman off my mind, I decided, Ah, what the heck, I'll start the blog. And maybe later I'll do a website. I also write more about her than any other Queen, and so she deserves her own blog. It wont only be about her---it will be about her delicious love affair with her beloved Albert, her children , their homes and her personal life. There is SO much to be told, and I believe in the years to come there will be a new interest in her life...especially the younger years. Anyway, the site will be ready SOON---there will be movies on there, wonderful links, links to on-line biographies, and honest to goodness peeks into her real life. I think you'll enjoy it.

And, if Queen Victoria has never been your cup of tea, please stay here to read about other Queens. But I think you'll see a different side to Queen Victoria that the one that is generally discussed.

I hope you'll enjoy my new "sister" blog Queen Victoria Revealed, which should be ready in the next week or two.

~~Cheerio!

Okay, back to the Abdication...part 2.

11 comments:

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Can't wait! I love the reign of Queen Victoria and I think she's more interesting than people give her credit for. There's going to be a movie coming out either the end of the year or next year starring Emily Blunt as a young Victoria.

Susan Flanders, Writer of Queens said...

Thanks. She's so interesting, yes!

Yes, I know about the movie. I've been following it. I have a feeling with the new movie coming out, people will be much more interested in her reign.

Stephanie Burkhart said...

Queen Victoria is very interesting, but what interests me the most about her is about her early years - the political intrigue of George IV and William III as Victoria was growing up. I'm also interested in her years as queen before she married Albert.

How exciting! A movie about young Victoria! About time. That's one that will definately be on my list to watch. Emily Blount as Victoria? An inspired choice. She was great in "The Devil Loves Prada."

Susan Flanders, Writer of Queens said...

Definitely TIME they did a movie!

I will do posts on her young life, and also her beginning reign as Queen.

The blog is ready now. The link is on my page.

x said...

HELP!! I'm not a blogger...so I do not know if this will get anywhere! I'm trying to get a little assistance with the identification of an article of jewellery given by HRH [I assume Victoria]. I'm happy to pay a consultancy fee for any concrete documentation. I have a ring with the inscription: July 8 '93. It was made my West & Son (a Dublin firm that Victoria was know to patronize). The inscription reads [to] A.D. from H.R.H. [I assume Victoria] 8th July '93. The stone pivots and is a carved seal. One side reads "Isabella", and the other Sincerety [I have to check on wax though]. I am not a royal historian, though I am a jewellery collector/historian. I have a few "Imperial" linked items but they are from the Romanov family. I mention this because I have seen the difference in Faberge items between a personal gift and a "presentation" item. This ring looks too personal for presentation to a stranger. Does anybody out there knows the significance of the date or the name Isabella, or Victoria's habit of gift giving? Any help would be most appreciated. As I'm an idiot with the computer, and do not know how to navigate my way through a blog, you can reach me at b.waymack@verizon.net.
many thanks!

Anonymous said...

I was curious if you ever thought of changing the structure of
your blog? Its very well written; I love what youve got
to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way
of content so people could connect with it better.
Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or two images.
Maybe you could space it out better?

Anonymous said...

I want to to thank you for this wonderful read!!
I absolutely enjoyed every bit of it. I have you book marked to look at new things you post…

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post! We will be linking to this particularly great
content on our site. Keep up the good writing.

Anonymous said...

Appreciate the recommendation. Will try it out.

Anonymous said...

Hi, constantly i used to check blog posts here
in the early hours in the break of day, because i love to gain knowledge oof more and
more.

Amruta said...

Very Useful Information I found on Internet. I think the content you cover through the post is quite interesting, good work and great efforts. I found it
very enjoyable and enjoyed reading it all... keep up, beautiful work..
This paragraph gives clear idea for the new viewers for Real Estate Property Portals, Thanks you."
You’re doing a great job Man, Keep it up.
Property In Navi Mumbai
Flats In Navi Mumbai
2 bhk in panvel
1bhk and 2bhk buy home at new panvel
2 bhk in ghansoli
1 & 2 bhk in kalamboli
flats in dronagiri
1 bhk in dronagiri
2 bhk in dronagiri
shops in dronagiri-Corner